I believe that faith and trust go hand in hand. They are like a one-two punch. First you must have faith that God exists, that He is who the Bible says He is, and that you are truly saved under the shed Blood of His Son Jesus Christ. However, there is now one more big step you must take after you have this kind of faith in God.
Once you are saved, then you must be willing to fully surrender your entire life over to God the Father so that He can then enter you into His perfect plan and destiny for your life.
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5)
- “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him …” (Psalm 37:4-7)
- “Who walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the Lord and rely upon His God.” (Isaiah 50:10)
- “Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people from this time forth and forever.” (Psalm 125:1)
- “He trusted in the Lord God of Israel … For he held fast to the Lord; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments … The Lord was with him; he prospered wherever he went.” (2 Kings 18:5-7)
- “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength.” (Isaiah 26:3)
- “A good man … will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is established; he will not be afraid, until he sees his desire upon his enemies.” (Psalm 112:5-8)
- “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him … But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.” (Psalm 34:8-10)
- “He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.” (Proverbs 16:20)
- “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.” (Proverbs 29:25)
- “But he who puts his trust in Me shall possess the land, and shall inherit My holy mountain.” (Isaiah 57:13)
- Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but her leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:5)
- “Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help … Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God … Who keeps truth forever, who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry.” (Psalm 146:3-7)
- “He who trusts in his riches will fall …” (Proverbs 11:28)
- “Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.” (1 Timothy 6:17-19)