Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blessed is the nation....

It was not a coalition of gods that brought our Pilgrim forefathers to this continent. It was not a coalition of settlers (Hindus, Muslims, and Christians) that brought the open Bible to the shores of this great land to establish a government based on the Law of God, and whose mission was to advance the Gospel of Christ. It was Jesus Christ Himself who brought the tiny Mayflower safely to the shores of this land, and it was the blessing of Jesus Christ Himself that made our nation great (a city set on a hill).

Our Pilgrim forefathers never tired of mentioning and praising His Name. Listen to this quote from the Old South Leaflets written on September 26, 1637, concerning the rules and precepts of Harvard College: "Let every student be plainly instructed, and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and his studies is to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life (John 17:3) and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom as the only foundation of sound knowledge and learning…"

Our Founding Fathers never tired of mentioning and praising His Name. Patrick Henry declared: "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."

Henry was right. It was precisely because our nation was founded upon the Rock of Christ that America became a haven of liberty and an asylum for so many of the persecuted and downtrodden of our world.

Just before the Revolutionary War, one of the Crown-appointed governors wrote back to England of the condition of the colonists and their resolve to fight: "If you ask an American, who is his master? He will tell you he has none, nor any governor but Jesus Christ." The war cry that spread throughout the thirteen colonies still resounds to this day: "No King but King Jesus!"

Yes, our Pilgrim forefathers and our Founding Fathers knew that it was to Jesus and Jesus alone that we owed allegiance. We Americans need to remember the Rock from which we were hewn. We need to stop apologizing for the Name of Christ and begin praising Him. He is God, and apart from Him there is no other!
                                                                                            (**Taken from Flip Benham)

And David spake unto the Lord the words of this song in the day that the Lord had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul: And he said, the Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness.
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the Lord? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name. (2 Samuel 22)

This is one of my most favorite songs - sung by one of my most favorite artists.  Click the link below to listen....Enjoy! 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great message1