Monday, July 25, 2011

It's my birthday & I'll shop if I want to!

My birthday was this weekend.  My twenty-ninth!  I mean thirty third! Yikes! I had a wonderful time with friends and family this weekend and even had like 30 people wish me happy birthday on Facebook! This girl definitely feels the love!
                                                                                
Speaking of love…see the ”follow me”  gidget over there.  >>>>>>>>>
Add your email, please.  I’d like to see who all reads my blog.  I promise I won’t sell or share your information.
Back to my birthday!  On Friday night I celebrated with my 3 boys. Josh had had to work at the fire station on my actual birthday.  First, my favorite part. We opened presents!  Jakob was a big help as he pulled everything out of the bag for me and was just as excited as I was to see what was in there. 
From Jakob, I got a lovely fold up pocket chair. That he immediately wanted to use! It will be great for all the football practices we have coming up.  Thank you baby Jake!
From Nathaniel, I got a pair of pretty pink sunglasses, a 4 pack of yummy Starbucks Double Shot Espresso & Cream, and I rubber bracelet that said Proud to be an American.  Thank you Nater!
From Joshua, I got a pair of yoga pants, a tank top and new hot pink sports bra.  I recently started Zumba classes and need some workout clothes.  Thank you Hubbie Bubbie!
For dinner, we went to Villa Grande and had their table side guacamole! MMMmmmmm! And I had two of their large margaritas!  MMMmmmm!  I had dinner too!
On Saturday, my actual birthday,  the kids and I went to Stonebriar mall with my neighbor and her girls.  I went mostly to school clothes shop for the boys but there were some pretty good deals for myself that I just could pass up!  Like at The Body Shop, where I got two banana shampoos, two banana conditioners, a watermelon moisturizer and big pink beach bag for $19.00.  I actually saved $21.something.  That’s more than I spent!
We had lunch a Sbarro’s and then went to the Disney Store to “just look around”. Well, they had their Winnie the Pooh characters on sale for $10, and I couldn’t resist Eeyore!  


Later that evening, I sent Josh this picture in a text that said, “Since my real jackass isn’t here tonight, this one will do!”  Pretty funny, I thought!

After the Disney store, I got talked into buying a $299 flat iron for only $99.  And because it was my birthday, I got my hair done for free.  They showed me how to do these ringlets with my flat iron.  Also, my hair NEVER holds a curl.  I got my curled around 1:00 took this picture around 6:00 and Still Curly!! It actually stayed curly till I washed it the next day!


Our final stop was across the street at Old Navy.  I had a $15 off $50 coupon that I had received for my birthday that I fully intended on using for school clothes.  But, I cannot go in Old Navy and not look at the clearance rack!  I ended up with 3 shirts and some denim trousers!

When we got home the neighbor girls want me to curl their hair so I spent the rest of the afternoon playing hair dresser with them.  I never get to do that since I have stinky boys!  ;o)
After that we went to dinner with the neighbors, where I got this picture taken.




On Sunday, we went to the lake for some wake surfing and R & R. Then to my in laws to wish the best father in law in world Happy Birthday!  His is the day after mine!  I got a $50 gift card from them to Ebay!  Thanks Mimi & Papa!!  I have a serious Ebay addiction and probably need help.  But not right now ‘cause I’m "watching" a Canon SLR XTi Digital camera!  :o) 
I also got $$$ from my mom and from work. And I think from my Dad.  He called to say he mailed his card late, but there’s usually money in there!!  So, thank you Mama, Law Office and Daddy!

I had a great weekend and I am so blessed to have such great friends and a wonderful family. Thank you, Lord! You’re awesome!

No comments: