Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Morning Music

Jesus, He can move the mountains.
My God is mighty to save,
Yes, He's might to save.

Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Yes, He conquered the grave.

This is the song I woke up to this morning.  I always wake up to a song playing in my head.  95% of the time it is a song about our Almighty Father. What a blessing! From the moment I open my eyes, I am reminded of His glory and grace.  An abundance of thanksgiving is in my first thoughts! Thank you Jesus!

Shine your light and let the whole world see,
We're singing for the glory of the risen king...

This Sundays message was about letting the light of Christ shine through you. 

1 Collosians 1:9-12
 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,  being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,  and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.

You see the part where Paul is talking about knowing Gods will with wisdom and understanding.  Whats the difference? Well, its one thing to know the word of God, but you also have to understand it to use it in your life. I could quote every scripture in the Bible but if I don't understand its meaning how can I put to use to serve others. And if I understand and but don't use it for good works and to grow in my walk with the Lord, then I cannot enjoy -nor do I qualify- for the inheritance that has been given to me.

Use me O'God !  Let my light shine! I want to be your servant. 
Give me endurance and patience to serve others through You.
Amen.

No comments: