Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Letter from Nana

My mom had a house fire a few years back.  The very few things that survived are so very special to her. She found this other day. This is a letter that she wrote to her oldest grandson (my oldest nephew), Jordan, when he was just a baby.  She now has four grandsons and this letter applies to all of them. Thanks for sharing Mom.

Dear Grandson,

You are everything I ever dreamed of in a grandson.  Everyday you become more precious to me.  I look foward to seeing you grow to be a little boy, climbing trees, playing with trucks and pulling little girls' pigtails!  I can only hope your teenage years are as uneventful as your mama's.  She was a very good girl and seldom gave me any reason for unhappiness or disapointment in her.



Grandson, be grateful for wonderful parents and enjoy your life, using good judgment and never being reluctant to ask for advice - or to follow through with the advice of your elders.  We were young once and know "growing pains" as you will experience.



I pray you will come to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior and follow Him all the days of your life.  Your elders advice will be of great value, but nothing compared to the all-powerful strength you can know from Him.

I love you, my little man.

Nana


Our boys!

Jordan- 14


Nathaniel - 10


Jakob- 7 1/2

Blake - 3 1/2



You don't raise heroes, you raise sons.  And if you treat them like sons,
 they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. 
~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.


No comments: