Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Book Mark

Joshua 1:7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the laws my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”


My son Nathaniel brought me a book mark yesterday with a shortened version of the verse above and said, “Here Mommy. Take this with you on your trip.”  Nate amazes me sometimes.  He can be so sensitive to my needs.  He made my day and couldn't help but get teary as I hugged him. 

It was just what I needed. 

Here in the next few days I will be taking a GIANT leap of faith. This is what I needed to calm my fears, my worry and my anxiousness.  And even my little ten year old boy knew, the Lord will be with me. I mustn’t be afraid, but strong and courageous. A blind leap is to jump totally relying on faith, right?  Well, my faith is in Jesus and I can do anything with Him by my side.

I’m ready!  Let’s do this!

No comments: